Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My upcoming trip...among other things...

In just 3 (or is it technically 2 now?) days I am going to my dads. He doesn't live all that far away, only 1 1/2 hrs. But this trip is special. Why? Because I am going up there Thursday morning and staying uptil Friday sometime. The first bad  thing is I am being dropped off and will have to depend on other people to get around. The 2nd is my dads not even there. For the past 3 weeks he has been in a nursing home recovering from surgery to repair a broken hip. Thankfully he had a really good surgeon and is now recovering nicely. 
However, my dad saw his cancer dr. and they told him they found some questionable spots on his lungs and his cancer marker is going up. Not a good sign. So they have decided to start doing I.V.  chemo instead of pill chemo. BUT they aren't starting it before he goes home in another 3 weeks or so, AND we are meeting with the dr to discuss things. Statistics specifically, to decide if doing I.V. chemo is even worth doing. We already know that he will never be cured. 
So I am going to spend 2 days up north spending as much time with my dad as I can. It's so worth it. And as for the drive? Thats worth it too. 
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment